Semantic Wiki Example
The example shows how semantic Wiki can be used to express a semantic network, or topic map, or an ontology.
A Semantic Network contains: Topics (notions, nouns, entities) A topic is represented as a nodes in a semantic network. A wiki page that is a category represents a topic. Associations (relations, connections) Associations are the edges in the semantic network. An association is represented as an annotation in a semantic wiki. The type of an association annotation is Page. On the wiki page of an association more information can be added.
Instances An Instance is an elements of a topic and it is a wiki page that contains at least the information that it belongs to a certain category (topic).
Occurrence An occurrence in a topic map is usually a link to further information. A wiki page of a topic, instance or an association covers already additional information.
As an introductory example we use the following relationships: Countries are famous for their special food (including beverages). People like certain food.
- Italy is famous for wine.
- Italy is famous for cheese.
- Greece is famous for wine.
- Greece is famous for cheese.
- France is famous for cheese.
- France is famous for wine.
- Germany is famous for cake.
- Germany is famous for dark bread.
- Germany is famous for sausages.
- Germany is famous for beer.
- Norway is famous for salmon.
- China is famous for rice.
- The Philippines are famous for halo-halo.
- The Philippines are famous for sisig.