Semantic Wiki Example
The example shows how semantic Wiki can be used to express a semantic network, or topic map, or an ontology.
A Semantic Network contains: Topics (notions, nouns, entities): Topics are the nodes in the semantic network and are represented as wiki pages. Associations (relations, connections): Associations are the edges in the semantic network. An association is represented as an annotation in a semantic wiki an by wiki page.
As an introductory example we use the following relationships: Countries are famous for their special food (including beverages). People like certain food, e.g.:
- Italy is famous for wine.
- Greece is famous for wine.
- Greece is famous for cheese.
- France is famous for cheese.
- France is famous for wine.
- Germany is famous for cake.
- Germany is famous for dark bread.
- Germany is famous for sausages.
- Germany is famous for beer.
- Norway is famous for salmon.
- China is famous for rice.
- The Philippines are famous for halo-halo.
- The Philippines are famous for rice.